How To Make Dole Whip
Summer is practically here! Though I love the summer, I am not the biggest fan of the hot weather it brings. Often times, I will be in the mood for a quick and healthy snack to cool me down. Dole Whip is the perfect snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth while also being healthy.
Dole Whip is a non-dairy, pineapple soft-serve and is one of the most popular snacks at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Some places that serve this delicious treat are the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland (Disneyland), Aloha Isle in Adventureland (WDW) or Captain Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Resort (WDW). Sometimes the lines for Dole Whip are as long as the lines for the rides themselves!
I have only recently tried this magical soft-serve on my last trip to Walt Disney World. And let me tell you, it was quite the life changer. This particular day was very hot and I had been walking around Animal Kingdom with the sun beating down on me. On a whim, I ordered a Dole Whip and was instantly hooked. From then on, I consumed a Dole Whip a day, I heard it keeps the doctor away.
For those of us who aren’t lucky to be on a Disney vacation or to live near the parks, I have done some research as to how to make this delectable concoction at home!
DIY Dole Whip
2 cups of frozen pineapple
1 ¼ cup of coconut milk
sugar or honey, if desired
- I used a blender to make it. The measurements for each ingredient are tentative, meaning that you may have to add a little more or less depending on the strength of your blender.
- I prefer coconut milk because it gives the Dole Whip a slight piña colada taste, but this recipe works with any type of milk/liquid of your choice.
- I added a ½ banana to the mixture to make the consistency more like the consistency of a Dole Whip; without the banana, the mixture comes out more like a slush.
- For the best imitation, Amazon sells pineapple soft-serve mix. This mix is best used with an ice cream/soft serve machine.
Disclaimer: Though this DIY Dole Whip may not taste exactly like the real thing, it will definitely make you a little less Disney home-sick.
Let’s Get Started!
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: If your blender gets stuck, try adding a little more liquid.
Okay, now that we know how to make it, you may be asking yourself how to get the signature Dole Whip swirl? If you are using a soft-serve machine this may be easy, but if you are using a blender it is trickier. I found that if you fill up a ziplock bag with some of the mixture and cut off one of the corners, you can achieve a “swirl-like” shape.
Hope this recipe makes your day a little more magical
Tag @tsumthing_kristen and @tsumtsummarie on Instagram to show us your DIY Dole Whip
Leave a comment down below about what DIY Disney treat I should make next!